Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of Beer Kulture. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position. You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and Board Member Responsibilities before you begin filling it out.
Please return the completed application to Beer Kulture via email to email@example.com with the subject titled “(Your Name) – Board Application”.
This application will be kept confidential and on file in Beer Kulture’s records. Applications are used by the Board’s Nominating Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. All new directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
BOARD MEMBER OPEN POSITIONS
Vice President -
The Vice President is a vital part of the Kulture leadership. The vice chair carries out special assignments as requested by the president & fills in for the board chair if/when necessary.
Funding Chair -
Funding chair possesses the art and skill of fundraising. The funding chair organizes fundraising events and comes up with unique and fun ways to communicate Kulture's mission to its' partners.
Community Engagement Officer-
Community engagement officer has connections with people in the community (Industry, Consumer & Organizationally). The Community Engagement Officer communicates Kulture's mission to the world and is an ambassador our mission.
Craft Expert –
Our craft expert is cicerone certified and/or has a minimum of 4 years experience as a craft beer professional. The craft expert will possess the skill to discuss beer fluently and will play a key role in providing their sound expertise in Kulture's Kollabs.
Marketing & PR Director -
Our Marketing & PR Director will accelerate the growth and impact of Beer Kulture while focusing on helping Beer Kulture move it's mission forward. The Marketing and PR Director possesses the skill of targeting the right media outlets to discuss Kulture's mission, and will know how to frame, target and promote press releases.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves a minimum of one year on the Board. Eligible to serve two terms if re-elected.
2. Attend a minimum of one -two Kulture events each month (includes board meeting(s)
committee meetings and Kulture events). The Full Board of Directors meets virtually the 2nd Friday of every month from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This is subject to change at any time.
3. Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Kulture community work.
4. Stays informed about Kulture matters, is prepared for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Builds a collegial working relationship with other committee members that contributes to consensus.
6. Participates in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in the advancement of the strategic plan of Beer Kulture including fundraising and member recruitment should this be or become applicable.